1. Introduction to the PDPA
- Personal Data as defined in the PDPA is defined to mean data, whether true or false, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organization has or is likely to access.
- PledgeCare only collects your personal data directly from you, in accordance with the PDPA. We shall take every effort to notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your personal data for the intended purposes, save for where there is an exception where the law permits us to collect and process your personal data without your consent.
2. How PledgeCare obtains your personal data
- PledgeCare obtains your personal data either directly from you or from your authorised representatives (This can be persons whom who may have authorised, who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative pursuant to our then-current security procedures), from third parties, or from publicly available sources or through our website including, but not limited to, the following ways:
- When you submit a form signing up for our newsletters;
- When you ask us to contact you;
- When you interact with our customer service team. This includes; phone calls, face-to-face meetings, events, emails, posts, and messages on our social media pages etc.);
- When you use some of our services, e.g our website.
- When you respond to our promotions, initiatives or to any request for additional personal data;
- When you are contacted by, and respond to, our marketing representatives and customer service team;
- When we receive references from business partners and third parties, e.g. where you have been referred by them;
- When you submit your personal data to us for any other reasons;
- When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please do check our paragraph below regarding Cookies.
- If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party, by providing us with such information, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the respective purposes. A third party can be your parents, children, etc.
- It’s your responsibility to ensure that all personal data submitted to us are complete, accurate, true and correct at the date of submission. If you fail to do so, we can’t guarantee to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
3. PledgeCare’s purpose for collecting, using and disclosing personal data
- The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we deem fit to process your personal data. This is including, but not limited to:
- Communicating with you on your enquiries, and/or sending you marketing, advertising and promotional information with regard to our products and/or materials relating to events, production, shows, concerts and or/services that we have, our partners and third party organisations with whom we are collaborating, may be selling or marketing;
- Administrative matters on your sign-ups/registration for payments or refunds;
- Any other purposes that we notify you of at the time of obtaining your consent.
- PledgeCare is striving to ensure third parties to protect your personal data to the best of abilities, in the event we should share your personal data with said third parties with your consent.
- Where permitted under the PDPA, PledgeCare may collect, use your personal data for the following additional purposes:
- Analytics and tracking
- Conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and serve our PledgeCare customers better, including, but not limited to, understanding preferences, demographics to improve our service delivery and customer experience at our touch points;
- Providing additional products to benefit you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programs at PledgeCare;
- Matching personal data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (third parties included) ion connection with the provision, marketing or offering of products by PledgeCare;
- Administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns and personalising your experience at PledgeCare;
- Communicating advertisements involving PledgeCare’s products, special offers, rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you (including, but not limited to, upselling, cross selling and online marketing);
- Organising promotional events and corporate social responsibility projects;
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid; and
- These examples are not exhaustive and you are encouraged to peruse the Second, Third and Fourth Schedules of the PDPA.
- If you have given us your Malaysia phone number(s), PledgeCare may contact you using such Malaysia phone number(s) with information about our products or those products and services offered by our preferred partners, e.g. discounts, special offers etc.
4. You can always request to withdraw your consent
- When you shop on PledgeCare’s website, we may send you promotional/marketing material via email. If you wish to withdraw your consent for us sending you sales, promotional/marketing content via a specific mode, please don’t be shy reaching out to our email: i[email protected].
- In case, you wish to withdraw your consent for sales, promotional/marketing content, it may take up to 30 days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our systems. Therefore, you may still receive sales, promotional/marketing content during these 30 days. Please also note that even if you withdraw your consent for the receipt of sales, promotional/marketing content through a specific mode, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to certain products and services that you hold or have subscribed to with PledgeCare.
- Enabling certain features and functions on our website, e.g. remembering your details, browsing and other services;
- Building up a profile of how you and other users use the website;
- Improving the efficiency of our website;
- Administering services to you and to advertisers;
- Establishing usage statistics
PledgeCare is not responsible for the personal data policies (including personal data protection and cookies), content or security of any third party websites linked to the PledgeCare website.
6. Do you have any questions or concerns?
7. Governing law
- The Personal Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Malaysia.
Last update 2020/04/27